Forums

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Beach waves rolling onto sand + Tsunami for surfing

Hi Ibis,

Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW STORE HERE!

Thank you for considering this topic in the RL Forums on this link where I provided a detailed description of what I am currently seeking to help save myself some time in an upcoming project, if possible.

Here is an image of the style and colour pallet that interests me the most, although I'd also be keen to see other styles which also help to solve this issue in a way that can be seamlessly looped (the longer the initial loop, the better):

And for the toon version of the wave for surfing, these are the kind of angles I'm seeking;

1 - from a beach viewer's perspective like this;

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-7094836-stock-footage-a-surfer-rides-a-wave-s-tube.html

and 2 - from the surf-board rider's perspective

(BUTTT made so we can also look back at him (or look back/over/past his shoulder to the wave curling behind him);

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-6596987-stock-footage-high-contrast-pov-shot-of-silhouetted-surfer-as-he-rides-through-the-barrel-of-a-dark-orange-wave.html?src=rel/7096201:3/gg

... and with all animations matching the kind of colour pallet for the first image (above) of waves crashing onto the beach - although slightly darker or lighter would also be okay.

... and preferably also with only a thin self-textured outline (maybe one we can switch on/off) so it can look nice with both traditional avatars with black outlines, or with the new stretchy folks which don't (normally) have any.

At this stage, I am only seeking to know:
1) if this "surfing beach wave pack" would be something you could do?

2) if so, how much would it cost for me to licence non-exclusive rights so you can resell it many times here in your store or wherever...  and so I can use it commercially as many times as a I like, same as for your other props in the Reallusion Store?

3) How much extra would it cost for exclusive buy-out rights, so that I own all rights to it for my own films?

Like most folks, I never buy anything without seeking it working first,so this is not a proper work request yet, but if you might be interested in drafting a sample still-shot then I would be very keen to see it.

🙂
Ani

1) if this "surfing beach wave pack" would be something you could do?

Yes, I'm actually exited about doing something like this. Always looking to do stuff other folks aren't quite doing, or would normally find hard to do in CTA. I have some ideas on getting something like done. I've added it to my production cue. I have a couple of items to finish/release first but I expect i should have a pack out within the next 6 weeks or so.

2) if so, how much would it cost for me to licence non-exclusive rights so you can resell it many times here in your store or wherever...  and so I can use it commercially as many times as a I like, same as for your other props in the Reallusion Store?

Anything downloaded from this site is provided under a non-exclusive royalty free licence. You may use the stuff in your projects any way you like with the understanding that other people may actually be using the same assets in their projects. You may modify the source codes is available to create your own derivative content. (best way to have content that no one else does).

3) How much extra would it cost for exclusive buy-out rights, so that I own all rights to it for my own films?

Once a item is released on this site, you can't buy out the the exclusive rights to it. It would not be fair to community. But if you like, you can commission me directly to build you anything custom. At that point you can decide whether you want it non-exclusive or exclusively. If non-exclusive I will do the work at 50% the rate. You get the items you need ASAP cause I'll give it priority in my production cue, and I'll eventually make up the difference  by selling the results through the RL market place or making it available here on this site. Or you pay 100% the dev fee and the product is pretty all yours to with whatever you want. Or you can just post requests here, if the project either apeals to me (such as this one, i know other people would like it) or if there's high demand for it, I will just go ahead and get it done at some point and release it. At that point you can just pay the $10 or $20 that everyone else would pay for it or even download it for free if you have an active membership. Only draw back to that is you'd just have to wait till it gets done based on my priority cue. So that's a great way to get what you need for practically no investment. Also any items on this site, including this wave pack which i thing i should have within the 6 weeks or so, you could always hire me to further modify whatever is put out for your own exclusive usage. The original would stay here, but that custom mod would be your exclusively.

This particular item i would quote around $700 based on estimated time it will take to produce it. If you were to commission it as a non-exclusive item, I would do it for $350 since I know i would eventually make my time investment back. The main benefit of that is that you get exactly what you need by directing the development process from start to finish.

In the case of getting it done for free or crazy cheap via requests at this forum, it definitely has peaked my interest and I'm willing to eat up the dev costs because its an item that are not yet available to community. I have seen a few, not so good examples attempted by others. The best one I seen so far is some one has done water based on pre-rendered 3d background, which is basically a video background. Obviously the only draw back to getting done this way because you basically have to wait on my cue, and pretty much get whatever I think works best without necessarily directing all aspects of the production. The detailed description you posted is great though. Always great when people include as much detail as possible. Eventually we will have enough members that we would be able to set up some sort of voting and participation system for the items in the cue, that way the community itself can guide the development of the items from start to finish. That would be sweet, hopefully some day soon. 

The real challenge, and ultimate the best benefit to the users, is to make it work as native vector and have it work in a way that the user can layer the items in their scenes, even change the colors of the water or generate random looks by mixing and matching various "water patches", which I'm pretty sure I can do.  I already ran some basic experiments and I was able to produce good results. It's just a matter of scheduling out a block of time to get it done using clean beautiful polished artwork. And maybe make enough of these 'water patches" so that people can mix and match parts enough that they can technically produce enough variety in their own work.

Thanks again for considering any attempt at these 3 angles.
I'm really keen to see how you progress with it when your time permits so I can make a decision about costing, and if your style will suit my project.

Also, just so you know, I subscribed to this topic, but I did not receive any email notification to say that you had replied. So I am not sure if the notification system here is working properly. Maybe it is a once-a-day email that only sends at midnight...?

But just so you know, if you reply again here, and I don't reply back within a day, then it means that I haven't got a notification. So please feel welcome to contact me again either through your initial post in the RL forums, where I am following you and receive a notification at midnight every day there....

or PM me through my facebook page at Tarampa Studios

Best wishes and good luck with your other projects in the meantime
🙂